As a young girl in Nebraska, circa 1940.
“Why do I write? Because life is to be shared….”
A former journalist, columnist and award-winning essayist, Sally writes memoir in the form of short essays, observations, stories and an upcoming book.
Her published work has appeared in newspapers, magazines, and corporate publications. She has published a limited-edition book, a chapbook, and three other volumes. Tea Pie, Love and Reality, was a finalist in the ForeWord Book of the Year awards and earned an honorable mention in the Beach Book awards in its year of publication.
Before turning to full-time writing, Sally ran a one-person business, The Write Touch. She specialized in writing, editing and desktop publishing. She used her successful experience to create workshops, then wrote The Real American Dream, a personal blend of coaching and business insights. The book is out of print but still available through third-party sellers on Amazon.
Checking on the family farm in Nebraska, circa 1980.
Sally’s wide range of experience includes:
- Thirteen years as a sole proprietor
- Ten years in a Fortune 500 high-tech firm
- Community organizer in city government
- Consulting, coaching and advising
- Staff and board positions in the non-profit sector
- Workshop leader, public speaker, contest judge
- BA in Journalism and MS in Management
- Mothering first three, then four, interesting, lovely and capable daughters
- Admiring eight grandchildren, developing nicely